Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Discrete Mathematics MTH 1300
This Course Guide is designed to help you identify some of the resources on Discrete Mathematics available at Mohammed VI Library. It lists reference materials, books, periodicals, online resources & government documents available in the library’s print collection, electronic databases, and on the web.
1- Vocabulary List (for searching our catalog at http://libserv.aui.ma or databases)
- Discrete mathematics, combinatorics, discrete calculus, discrete analysis
- Integers, point lattices, sets, finite sets, finite mathematics, recurrence equations, graph theory, number theory
- Probability, game theory, decision theory, coding theory, computational systems
2- Library of Congress Classes and Subclasses
These classes and subclasses contain books and other materials related to Discrete Mathematics. Each shelf in the library lists the classes and subclasses that contains it.
- QA: Mathematics General
- QA150...QA272: Algebra
- QA273...QA275: Probabilities
- QA276...QA299: Mathematical Statistics
- QA299.6...QA433: Analysis
- QA440...QA699: Geometry
- QA801...QA939: Analytic Mechanics
3- Selected Books
This is a general list of books related to different topics covered in your class. Use the vocabulary list above or browse the shelves that hold these books to find many more.
- Introductory combinatorics QA164. B76 2010
- A course in combinatorics QA164. L56 2001
- Combinatorics and graph theory QA165. H37 2000
- Graph theory : modeling, applications, and algorithms QA166 .A39 2007
- Lectures in geometric combinatorics QA167 .T45 2006
- A combinatorial approach to matrix theory and its applications QA188 .B778 2009
- A first course in probability QA273 .C487 2005
- A first course in discrete mathematics QA39.2 .A533 2001
- Discrete mathematics through applications QA39.2.C75 1999
- Discrete mathematical structures QA79.9M35 K65 2004
4- Reference Collection (Main reading room)
- Handbook of Mathematics QA40 .B713 1997
- Mathematical Handbook for Scientists and Engineers QA40.K598 2000
- CRC Concise Encyclopedia of Mathematics QA5.W45 1999
- Encyclopedia of Algorithms QA9.58 .E52 2007
- McGraw-Hill dictionary of mathematics QA5 .M425 1997
5- Print Periodicals / Serials Collection / World Bank (Academic Journals Room, ground floor). Many of these are also available electronically, though they might not be mentioned in section 6 below.
- American Mathematical Monthly
- College Mathematics Journal
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Journal of the American Mathematical Society
- Journal of the American Statistical Association
- The mathematical intelligencer.
6- Databases and E-journals:
The following are important research databases and E-journals that frequently publish research on Discrete Mathematics.
- Academic Search Complete (via EbscoHost)
- Sage Journals Online
- ACM Digital Library
- ZBMATH (Zentralblatt MATH)
Selected E-journals in full text