Please use the vocabulary list below to search the library catalog, through the keyword function, to identify materials relevant to this course.
- Comparative Governments & Politics - North Africa
- Government and policies - North Africa
- Politics & Society
- Political Economy
- Political Parties
- International Relations (states) - North Africa
- Gender Role
- Berber Community - North Africa
- Islam and Politics - North Africa
- Youth and political Activity
This course examines the government, politics and international relations of the states of the central Maghreb: Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco. It covers issues such as the impact of history, post-independence state-building, the role of political parties, progress towards economic and political liberalization and relations between the states and with the wider world.
Students will gain an understanding of developments and issues within individual countries and be able to compare issues thematically across the three states.
Library of Congress Classes and Subclasses
Please use the call number below to search the library catalog, through the Call Number function, to browse the library collection listing materials relevant to this course.
- DT 160-177 North Africa
DT 167-176 History
- HC10-1085 Economic history and conditions
HC94-1085 By region or country
- JQ1852 Islamic countries
- JQ1870-3981 Africa