Please use the vocabulary list below to search the library catalog, through the keyword function, to identify materials relevant to this course.
- Film production
- Video production
- Cinematic composition
- Cut Pro X postproduction
- Film aesthetics
COM 2304—or simply “2304”—is a hands-on digital film production course. Its primary objectives are both practical and theoretical:
• To introduce students to film grammar, cinematic composition, and dramatic
• For students to gain extensive experience with the fundamental instruments of this craft: cameras, tripods, microphones, computers
• For students to develop a basic competency with a scalable Final Cut Pro X postproduction workflow
• To introduce students to film aesthetics—the study of the stakes involved in making artistic choices during the creation of a film.
Lectures, textbook readings, in- and out-of-class production assignments, out-of-class screenings, and quizzes are all components of this course.
Library of Congress Classes and Subclasses
Please use the call number below to search the library catalog, through the Call Number function, to browse the library collection listing materials relevant to this course.
- PN1992-1992.92 Television broadcasts
- PN1992.93-19 92.95 Nonbroadcast video recordings
- PN1993-1999 Motion pictures
- PN1997-1997.85 Plays, scenarios, etc.
- TR590-620 Lighting
- TR845-899 Cinematography. Motion pictures