Please use the vocabulary list below to search the library catalog, through the keyword function, to identify materials relevant to this course.
- Space and the economy
- The World Economy
- Globalized production systems
- The Periphery in the World Economy
- Agriculture in the Periphery
- Agriculture in Morocco
- National economies, regional trading blocs and localities
The course is a study of the location and global distribution of economic activities. It describes the production of commodities, manufactured goods and services and analyzes their spatial organization within a world-systems historical perspective. Globalization, regional integration, local specialization and interdependence are discussed in relation to the question of economic development.
Library of Congress Classes and Subclasses
HC10-1085 Economic history and conditions
- HD9000-9495 Agricultural industries
- HF1-6182 Commerce
- HF 1021-1027 Economic Geography