Please use the vocabulary list below to search the library catalog, through the keyword function, to identify materials relevant to this course.
- Computer security
- Sécurité informatique
- TCP/IP (Computer Network Protocol)
- Computer networks -- Security measures
- Computer security -- Management
- Information technology -- Security measure
- Network Security Essentials: Applications and Standards, by William Stallings, Printice Hall International Edition, 2nd edition
- Cryptography and Network Security, by William Stallings, Printice Hall International Edition, 4d edition. http://williamstallings.com/Crypto/Crypto4e.html
"This course aims at teaching the students principles and mechanisms used to secure computer systems connected to networks in general and to the Internet in particular. It builds extensively on both Cryptography and TCP/IP networks concepts.
- Specifically, the course covers: standard protocol flaws, and attacks, major controls used to secure networks and the Internet. access control and IAAA mechanisms, remote authentication protocols, mechanisms and devices, and single sign on.
- The course also covers major technical/logical control mechanisms such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and VPNs,
- Furthermore, the course covers key aspects pertaining to Security operations in an organization.
A BIG part of the ILOs will be achieved through learning by doing in mini-projects, research papers, presentations and extensive reading."
Library of Congress Classes and Subclasses
Please use the call number below to search the library catalog, through the Call Number function, to browse the library collection listing materials relevant to this course.
*Q -- Science
QA -- Mathematics
QA75.5~76.95 -- Electronic computers. Computer science
HF -- Commerce
HF5546-5548.6 -- Office management